Thursday, December 06, 2007

Let's talk about Dubai

Dubai is a small city. I arrived at Dubai in the very early morning 3.05am. However, It took me 2 hours to get through the Immigration checking. I dun understand why are there so many visitors to Dubai, it is as heavy as Singapore Malaysia border custom, so crowded. Once I stepped out the airport , wah, it was so cold, like being in Genting. Actually Dubai is in its winter, but I always think that middle east mah, like Malaysia, winter only mah, the most they have is raining. But the local people told me that some time the temperature can go down to negative. Well, it is morning that the temperature is cold, the rest of the day, it is just like Malaysia, more windy than Malaysia. As long as you stand under the shade, then it is very comfortable.
Dubai airport departure-ppl sleeping everywhere To visit the first destination- Dubai creek park, I took the wrong bus (too many ppl giving different opinion) n got lost…being in the middle of no where. Eventually I decided to go to the second destination- Gold souq. All shops in the gold suoq are selling gold (ofcause lah, you can know from it'sname). Nearly ALL shops selling gold, many many gold, and there's no security guard there. Believe it or not, I was very hungry and looking for a café, it took me very very long time to find a small café.

City: It makes not much different with Bangkok or KL, traffic is super jam, carbon dioxide is super high, workers is everywhere because everywhere is under construction! Huh! There's lots of shopping mall, with pyramid style (like sunway piramid but sunway is nicer), dragon style a long long dragon body structure) etc. I heard ppl said that the animal fur is very cheap here, so many pl come over and buy animal fur………Oh I really hate it. There's lots of beautiful and luxury building in the city, not to mention the emirates tower and the coming soon tallest building, almost all building here has their own style.

People: There are quite a number of people here are migrant workers-Pakistanis,Indian, Philippino, Afghanistan's etc. Some books said it is about 75%, but I think more than that. And I think almost 90% of the population are MALE. You see guys everywhere, on the street, in the bus, on the boat, in the shop…everywhere. So I always find myself alone among a jungle of guys, so depressing. The guy in Dubai is not friendly at all, not even to lady. They seldom wanna talk nicely to you. The outsiders (migrant workers) tend to be more helpful but the most hospital they are, the more they wanna try to take advantage on you, you just got to be careful. So eventually I never wanna talk to any guy in Dubai. The problem is, you really hard to find a lady when you wanna ask somebody to take your photo or asking for direction.

Transport: The transportation is crazy. There's no train system so you end up with taxi or buses. I spent lots of my time waiting for the bus and travelling in the bus. Taxi is very costly, very very costly but it the most common transport. I felt the lady is most protected in the bus. Because there are 12 seat reserved for ladies only just behind the driver seat. No guys are allowed to sit on or stand beside the ladies seat. However, no lady is allowed to board the bus once the seats are all occupied. This is the sad thing, because at night, where there's lots of female passengers in the bus, you have to wait for a bus which has lady seat for you. So you will see many girls are left in the bus stop because not allowed to board the bus.


Burj Al Arab:
I visited twice the hotel. It is not as big as I imagined. To enter to the lobby of the hotel you need to pay 100 dirham. I went to visit Jumeirah beach hotel. This one has the same architecture as Burj Al Arab and are belongs to the same company.

Sunset at Burj al Arab

Burj Al Arab

Dubai airport departure-ppl sleeping everywhere






3 comments:

Erika said...

ppl said going to dubai will cost a bomb to you... is it really so?

Eve said...

Nope. The things there are cheap.except accomodation.

angi said...

Dubai迷路了,幸好你已平安的到达英国。