Friday, April 10, 2009

Good friday

Today is good friday.
Well, it does not seem to be a good day to celebrate? or relax. It was a typical depressing weather of england, cloudy, windy, no sunshine, cold, and depressing atmosphere in the air. What to do? Where to go? The weather suppress me to even cook some lunch for myself.
I can feel that this is an Holiday! Not just the normal weekend holiday. Eventhough I have to work to morrow but I still feel relaxxxx.......Plus, today I finally can 'hardly' online 'a bit'. Even the wireless connection still disconnect occasionally and sometime limited connectivity or physically connected but cannot browse, I am still very happy that I can sit in my room and browse the internet for a little while, then re connect again and browse again. You may think it is silly, but you cannot imagine myself without wireless internet in my OWN room. I have to go to the dining room, Pasang the wire/cable then only I can go online. And everytime when I do that, I forgot what I want to search for, I have no mood to 'browse' net. I can only search for the information I want, then offline then back to my room again. Cannot imagine my life without wireless....!!!
So I assume that I am going to spend my good friday in the room. Anyway, nothing to regret because I have been to somewhere nice last sunday. It is called 'Manor farm'. A victorian working farm not far from where I stay.

Manor Farm
The entrance of the farm.
The view of the farm from the garden. The white buildings were the house for the farmer and the teacher (also including a small class room)

Farmers' wife doing their house chores and making bread....

They were sewing the string fromthe sheep's wool.
It is really a good place for a day out with family.
Meet the animal. I dunno why the birds want to be in the sheep shed???
Why it is called' Victorian working farm' ?
It means the farm still in used. Vitorian time is a great time in england's history in which the development took place. Many technologies were invented?improved? Whatever. I know it is a very important time lah for some reason.

And in this working farm, you can see farmer's wife doing the house chores, farmer were farming, the animals- sheep were lambing, cows were being milked, chicken running like dunno when they will be slaughtered.....
There were so many visitors and most of them are families. It is definately a good place for family as the children can see the animals, learn about, cuddling it...very good for educational purpose as well. THere were many places in England which is very good for children's education. This is one of the reason I enjoy living here because you can find some good environment for the development of your child if you want. Many museum and programme in some english heritage site etc...

No comments: