Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Living in KL

I enjoy life. I always wanted to enjoy every kind of life. So when I graduated, I decided to work in Kuala Lumpur, where high technology & communication, information is easily accessible. But how's the life in KL?
Recently, robbery, raping happens everywhere, anytime.....
To night, I drove back home after watching movie. I used to park my car in front of the shop houses opposite my condo. It's another problem in KL---too many cars and forever lack of parking space...Today, I cant find any parking lot in front of shops (here not easy to be stolen because some mamak store open 24 hours), I turn around several time can only found one...but I did not park at that parking lot...because there were full of a gang of youngsters....
Out of any idea, I parked my car at the road side. We used to park the car at road side, and wake up very early in the morning to drive away to avoid from kena saman early in the morning.
Parking at road side is one of the problem. Another problem is have to cross/ walk for a distance, to go through the pedestrian bridge with lottssss of youngster sitting at the road side yealling..I am not try to discriminate against any one, but what a coincident, all black, smoking, teasing girls....
So, I started to think, I choose to work in KL, am I putting myself in danger?
Then I remembered a famous author, Yong Liu ever said, he purposely asked his only son to take 3 hours train from Manhattan to the school in New York, EVERYDAY. According to him, New York is a complicated city, you may survive there, or may die there just in second. There were full of robber, ppl with guns, proffesionals etc...He believe, ppl under this condition, will grow faster and better, because they try their very best to survive.
So do we in KL right? I believe, we learn more, to protect ourself, to survive, to seek for better living....
Gambate!

1 comment:

Erika said...

welcome to kl!!! ce la vie!

probably u could move to a safer place where there is no gangster. i'm rather paranoid. for sure i won't b able to stay at such place...