Thursday, January 10, 2008

New things in life

Liquor coffee, or Irish coffee is a cocktail consisting of hot coffee, Irish Whisky, sugar and a layer of cream floating on top of it. I have heard of it before but never have a chance to try it. And now I got to prepare it. To make Irish coffee, you got to mix the coffee with the whisky, then add sugar and make sure it is totally dissolved. Sugar is essential so that it makes the drink more concentrate and the cream will float on top of it. The most difficult part is to make a nice floating cream layer. Cream tends to sink easily.

The coffee is drunk through the cream layer. I keep practice doing it and this is the one I made for myself. Taste not bad. It is with Tia Maria.


4 comments:

Blueyebabe said...

What whisky u added to make irish coffee? Do u add Irish cream oso? I have just bought Bailey Isrish cream to try out.

andersonloo said...

原来你也喜欢这玩意儿。

Erika said...

下次冲给我喝。。。

Eve said...

Well, if customer does not have special request, I will make them one with Bell (Irish Whisky)..some they want Tia Maria or Bailey...I prefer Tia Maria and Bailey. I just use normal cream..